Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baker's Twine Holders

  Good morning! 

  Today I'm sharing some Baker's Twine holders that I made for my two hostess club hostesses last month.  One of the perks of signing up to be a hostess is you get a little surprise something from me on your month.  I saw these a while ago on some blog (of course I can't remember where since it's been so long!) and thought this was a great thing to make using up the empty embellishment containers that I had been saving!  I guess I do share some of my parents and grandparents pack rat mentality!  Try as I might to fight it I guess my weakness is craft supplies!

  These are really easy to make! I just used the Circles #2 die to get a perfect sized circle (the largest) to cover the top of the lid and then the next largest to make a base for the roll of twine to sit on in the container.  I used the center spool from an empty roll of ribbon to wrap the twine around and then just adhered it to the circle base using sticky strip.  The cardstock circle that the spool is attached to is loose inside the container so as you pull the twine is spins.  This also makes it super easy to add more twine in the future.

  I used the Crop-a-dile to punch a hole through the side of the container and used it again to set the silver eyelet (retired) so the twine would have a nice finished hole to go through.

  For the top I embellished it with some First Edition DSP flowers punched with the large scallop circle and then crumpled and flattened for dimension.  I added a little flower center punched with the Triple Layer flower punch and an In Color Designer brad for the center.

  Aren't these little holders so much cuter than the way the bakers twine comes packaged?  We might as well surround ourselves with pretty AND useful things right?

  Don't forget....Sale-a-bration is in full swing.  Now is the perfect time to stock up and get freebies!  Give me a shout if you have any questions!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: None


Ink: None


Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, First Ed. DSP

Accessories: empty embellishment containers, empty ribbons spools, Scallop Circle punch, Triple layer flower punch, Designer brad, eyelet (retired), Crop-a-dile, Circles #2 die, sticky strip

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Great idea, Amanda - I'm sure that she loved receiving it :) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I haven't had time to make it yet but it rocks! Have a great one & thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this idea too and I can't remember where either! I love what you've done though, with the idea. Your holders are really cute!! I'm going to have see if I have any ribbon rolls that are almost on empty :)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!