Monday, November 21, 2011

Welcome Baby Holly!

  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  I didn't get much stamping in but I did cut all the paper and gathered the supplies needed for my clubs next week.  So at least I was productive in the stamp room, just didn't produce any cards!

  Today's card is one that I made for a new baby.  Our dear friends had a daughter at the end of September and while we've seen her several times since she was born we just gave a gift yesterday.  I like to give a personalized gift especially for second babies as the parents most of the time already have all the essentials and don't need duplicates.  Also, it's more fun to get something with the baby's name on it.  I ordered a personalized storybook so I had to wait a few weeks for it to be made.  That gave me plenty of time to make a card but I still waited until the end of last week to make it.  I guess I work better under pressure?  Who knows!

  I combined the Create with Connie & Mary sketch challenge shown HERE and the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge 349 HERE.



























  Not a typical baby card with pastels and such but I thought these colors would be fun anyway.

  The base is Calypso Coral and I embossed a panel of Whisper White with the Stripes embossing folder to layer on top.  The color blocked panels are Lucky Limeade polka dotted DSP, Baja Breeze cardstock stamped with the A to Z mini background stamp and Calypso Coral striped DSP.  I rounded the edges of some of these layers to soften the look a little.

  I punched a scallop oval and embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder (are you getting the stripes and dots theme??).  Next I die cut 2 "h's" one in thin cardboard and the other in Calypso Coral.  I like mounted my die cut letters on a matching cardboard one to give it more dimension and make it look more substantial like chipboard.  I embossed the "h" with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  The "h" is popped up on dimesionals.

  I dressed up the letter with a Baja Breeze Itty Bitty punch pack flower and rhinestone.  At the top I stamped "welcome baby" from Petite Pairs in Lucky Limeade and punched it out with a small oval punch (I think this size is retired and I still can't figure out why...it's a great size).  I clipped it to the "h" with a mini clothespin (SO CUTE!!) with a white baker's twine bow.

  All in all a quick but sweet card for a sweetie pie of a baby.

  Some Stampin' Up! Sale News!


  There are some great deals on all kinds of great Stampin' Up! products from now until November 30th.  Order through my online store to get the savings on 2 specially priced items just for today!  The Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps and the Simply Scored are discounted just for today.  For my local ladies, you can add any of the sale items to your stamp club orders next Tuesday & Wednesday (except for the "today only" items and digital downloads which must be ordered online).  Online orders will not count towards your club commitment though...Sorry!  The sale prices will show when you add items to your shopping cart.  Just call or e-mail if you have any questions!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: A to Z, Petite Pairs

Ink: Lucky Limeade, Baja Breeze

Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade DSP, Calypso Coral DSP

Accessories: Stripes e.f., Perfect Polka Dots e.f., Square Lattice e.f., Simple Alphabet die, mini clothespin, bakers twine, scallop circle punch, small oval punch, Itty Bitty punch flower, rhinestone, dimensionals, corner rounder

8 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT baby card! I love the colors that you used! Maybe not the 'traditional' baby colors, but these work really well for a baby. The clothespin is such a cute little touch- especially with all the laundry that comes with babies ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you did with the sketch! This is fantastic! Very crisp, clean and simple! All the little details are perfect! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card and I love the colours you chose. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is DARLING! Clean and crisp and perfect for baby. Great job on the sketch. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' CUTE! Adore the colors--very fresh and modern. The little details like the clothespin, bow and tiny flower make this utterly charming and precious! Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...I absolutely LOVE your colors, and your VERY clean yet colorful look! DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such a sweet card! Great colors and a super baby card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win! What a beautiful card you created with the sketch! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!