Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Morning Coffee

  I finally got back into my stamp room on Wednesday morning and got a few cards finished.  Here is one of them.  This was a combination of 2 different challenges over on Splitcoaststampers; the CAS (Clean and Simple) weekly challenge and one of the daily Hope You Can Cling To Challenges.  The CAS chalenge was an inspiration photo of a mug of coffee, some kind of yummy looking iced pastry and an apple----very fall-ish.  The HYCCT Challenge was to make a card using only paper embellishments.  Not using ribbon or brads is very hard for me to do....don't believe me?  Scroll through a few pages of my blog and you'll see how very hard it is!!


  I drew from the inspiration photo the colors and the coffee theme.  Since it was a clean and simple challenge this was a good one to leave off the embellishments to fit with the other challenge so I just went for some texture and interest with the the 3 strips of Early Espresso punched with the scallop edge punch and layered.

  For the image panel I stamped in Early Espresso and used my blender pen and Crumb Cake ink to just lightly shade the mug and coffee pot.  The edge of the circle is also sponged with Crumb Cake.  I used my Riding Hood Red marker to color in the heart on the mug and the adorable little hearts coming out as steam from the coffee pot.  The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso and punched out with the word window punch and adhered to the edge of the circle.  The whole thing is popped on dimensionals.

  Remember to head over to Splitcoaststampers and check out the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges all during the month of October.  Make some cards for the MD Anderson Cancer Center and help lift someone's spirit!
   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Morning Cup

Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red (marker)

Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White

Accessories: scallop edge punch, word window punch, Circles #2 die, blender pen, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!