Saturday, October 29, 2011

Flowers of Hope

  Just a quick post tonight....we're busy watching hockey on TV.  Go Flyers!  I made this card the other day for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  The month long challenge to create cards for the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Texas is almost over and I haven't gotten to nearly as many cards as I had wanted to.  Hopefully tomorrow after church I can get a few more cards made for this great cause.  For this particular challenge the hostess wanted you to use green and yellow which represents Hope and brown which represents Comfort.

  Here is my green, yellow and brown card.



























  This "3 Across" layout is one that I use a lot and works for a variety of different stamps, big, small, solid image, line art...you name it it will look great in this layout.  My exact colors were suggested by my Color Coach.  Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, So Saffron and More Mustard.

  I stamped my Field Flowers first in So Saffron and then added the detail stamp over it with More Mustard.  I stamped the centers in Chocolate Chip and then punched 3 out with my scallop square punch.  I oriented them each a bit differently in the punch so they wouldn't be completely matchy matchy.  I sponged the edges of each square with a bit of Chocolate Chip ink.

   The 3 flower panels are mounted on a piece of textured Garden Green and a strip of Whisper White that was punched with the scallop edge border punch and sponged with Chocolate Chip is added at the bottom.

  To give the sentiment a little bit of punch I first stamped the detail flower stamp with Chocolate Chip ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Versamark right over the flower and embossed it with white embossing powder.  I tend not to get rid of retired sentiment stamp sets as you just never know when you'll need a certain phrase or font.  The set that this one came from, Whimsical Words, retired some time ago but I think it works perfectly for this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Field Flowers, Whimsical Words

Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, More Mustard, Versamark

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green(textured)

Accessories: square scallop punch, scallop edge punch, white embossing powder
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Amanda. I love the simplicity of it, and the colors are so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!