Saturday, August 13, 2011

Just Believe Thank You & A Challenge


  I made this card earlier in the week to send to my downline, Jen.  She just joined Stampin' Up! as a demonstrator and I wanted to thank her for choosing me as her upline.  She's a sweetheart and I'm super excited to have a local demonstrator buddy to stamp with.

  2 weeks ago during church I noticed someone's dress which had a really cool color combination.  Early Espresso, Very Vanilla and Calypso Coral.  I know you notice things in Stampin' Up! color combinations too!  Don't lie....we all do it!  In advertisements, at Target, on people's clothing.... Anyway, I made sure to write it down (on Ryan's children's bulletin!) so I wouldn't forget because at my house if it isn't written down it doesn't get done!  Anyway, on Monday I checked out what the challenge was for the day on Splitcoaststampers.  I haven't done a Splitcoast challenge in ages and it was a CAS challenge which are Clean and Simple cards.  Perfect! It was a sketch challenge so I took my church color combination and used the layout to make this card.

 I inked up the largest stamp in the Just Believe set using Very Vanilla craft ink and stamped it on the Early Espresso panel.  Obviously I need to get a reinker for this pad since it didn't get quite as opaque as I would have liked but I think the end results still looks pretty good.  I used my Beautiful Wings embosslit to cut out some little Calypso Coral butterflies.  I hit them with a good spray of Smooch Spritz and after they were dry added an adhesive pearl to the center of each one.  I popped the top butterfly up with an itty bitty piece of trimmed dimensional.  The Beautiful Wings embosslit is great because you get different sized butterflies so you are sure to have a size that fits your project.  Also, it takes hardly any paper at all so it's a great way to use up scraps!  And that is never a bad thing!  You don't want to be that papercrafter who got buried in her craft room under a ton of scrap paper!

 I made a Fork Bow out of Very Vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon to wrap around the top image panel.  Then I stamped the "thank you" from Just Believe in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I punched out the sentiment with the Decorative Label punch and then sprayed it with Smooch Spritz so it would be sparkly like the butterflies.  Then I layered it behind the bow.

  The image panel is mounted on a slightly larger piece of Very Vanilla and then the base is Early Espresso.
Go check out this week's CAS challenge and see if you can make a card using this layout.  It's so versatile that you're sure to make a fabulous card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Just Believe

Ink: Very Vanilla craft, Early Espresso

Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral

Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslit, adhesive pearls, Smooch Spritz, dimensional, Decorative Label punch, 5/8" Very Vanilla satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!