Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sew Suite Hinge Card

  Here is the final project we made at stamp club last week.  It's a super easy Fun Fold and comes together in no time at all.  I wanted to use a lot of Occasions Mini catalog items since they are only available for another month. Boo Hoo!  But the Summer Mini is just around the corner and it has some really cute stuff in it!


  I started out with a 9.5" x 4.25" piece of Wild Wasabi scored at 3.5" and then punched with the Scallop Trim border punch.  This piece creates the base of the card.  I embellished it with a piece of Sweet Stitches DSP and some Rose Red seam binding ribbon.

  The sewing machine from Sew Suite was stamped in Chocolate Chip and then colored with markers.  I punched it out with 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch and sponged some Wild Wasabi ink on the edges.   For the Rose Red panel I embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and attached the sewing machine and some paper buttons made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit die.  Now to put the pieces together to make the hinge.

  Make sure you adhere your Whisper White insert before making the hinge, it's just easier that way.  Fold over the punched side of the Wild Wasabi and adhere it just up until the scallops.  It makes a pocket.  You want to have a little bit of room underneath the scallops so your Rose Red piece can fit right behind it when you close the card (you can see this in the first photo).  Line up the Rose Red piece so it covers the insert and is flush with the rest of the Wild Wasabi base.  Using the small handheld circle punch or your paper piercer make a hold through the Wild Wasabi & Rose Red pieces and insert your brad to hold all the layers together.  I used the cute little button shaped brad from the Vintage Trinkets.

  Now you can open and close the top part of the card and have a sweet little message inside. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?




Stamps: Sew Suite, Bring on the Cake

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Sweet Stitches DSP, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise

Accessories: seam binding ribbon, Vintage Trinket brad, Scallop Trim border punch, 2 3/8" Scallop circle punch, markers, Sweet Buttons embosslit, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder




5 comments:

  1. Super cute! now I wish I had the sewing machine stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun fold card! I'll have to try this. And great showcase of the Occasions Mini Catalog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card really IS sew suite!!!! I love that opening technique. I love coming here because you inspire me to try techniques that I have not tried, or have forgotten about! Thanks for the inspiration - your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too, too cute!!! Love what you've done with the 'Sew Suite' elements! I haven't made a hinge card in a loooong time, but they really are fun to make and to a nice surprise to receive :D !

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I'll have to try this. I have never made a hinged card! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!