Monday, November 29, 2010

Two Tags Thanksgiving Treat

  I just wanted to share a quick project that I did for Thanksgiving.  I made these super cute (if I do say so myself) and super fast place setting treat holders to bring to Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws house.  Everyone seemed to like them---the kids cared more about the mini Hershey bars inside than the design though!


  I ran the Early Espresso cardstock through the Big Shot using the Two Tags die.  Then I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder on the tag.  Since the embossing kind of hides the score line from the die I just made my own fold to fit the Hershey bar.  I added some Very Vanilla 5/8" satin ribbon---don't mind the More Mustard ink stain on the ribbon---lesson learned to close the ink pad after stamping or to clean off my stamping table so I can have more room!!

  For the name panel I punched some ovals using the 2" x 1 3/8" Extra Large oval punch.  I sponged the edges with Early Espresso.  I used one of the small flower/leaf stamps from Day of Gratitude for the image.  I thought the More Mustard was kind of dark on the first attempt so I decided to stamp off once before stamping on my oval for a more muted look.  I added the names with my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker.  Done deal! 

  A few reminders:  The Online Extravaganza is ending tomorrow.  Check out all the great deals (some 50% off!!) at my online store (link on my sidebar).  Don't forget orders over $150 get free shipping.  Now is the time to tell your husband what you want for Christmas!

  Also, if you've ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up demonstrator now is the time to sign up!  The AWESOME starter kit is only $87.50 ---half off the normal price.  You get a ton of great stamping products as well as the support of the whole Stampin' Up family!  No obligation to hold classes or workshops either--you can sign up just for the kit!  Contact me ASAP for more details.  This great deal also ends tomorrow (Nov. 30)

Stamps: Day of Gratitude

Ink: Early Espresso, More Mustard


Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Two Tags die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker, mini Hershey bars

3 comments:

  1. That is super cute! I never think to run "shapes" through with the embossing folders! TFS that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Just think of all the holidays you can adapt it to, plus weddings, showers, etc.! You rock, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!